Happy New Year 2014!
What a year 2013 was. It was certainly different to any other year we have had lately. We spent a lot of time in our home towns – Perth and Bunbury; travelled to Bali for a few months; spent six weeks in Singapore; another three months back in Chiang Mai, Thailand; and cruised back to Perth on the Astor cruise ship from Phuket.
But wait, there was more… The biggest thing that happened to us in 2013 was finding out that we were pregnant! Oh my goodness, there will a third member of our little travelling family. How exciting!
Now that we are expecting, we are “grounded” in Perth, Western Australia for the first six months of 2014. But the second half of the year will hopefully be a different story!
So, what are our goals, ambitions and to do lists for 2014? In no particular order…
- Have a very healthy, awesome, trouble free baby (and birth!)
- Study more. I want to complete my Travel Agents course. Andrew wants to learn how to make 3D games properly.
- Not get sucked into consumerism and buy too much baby stuff. (Only travel friendly products are allowed!)
- Go to Spain and Scotland with the baby in the second half of the year.
- Enjoy Christmas 2014 in the snow with our parents.
- Carry on housesitting around the world.
We think that is it. The baby to-do-list is pretty much taking up most of our time at the moment.
Happy New Year! What will you hope to be achieving this year?